BIM is a methodology focused on the process data generation and management of civil works during its life cycle, using dynamic modeling software in 3D and in real time, to reduce the loss of time and resources in the design, construction and conservation of infrastructures. This process produces the information model of the work (BIM model), which covers the geometry of the construction elements, spatial relationships, geographic information, as well as the quantities and properties of its components.
The answer is yes. Both platforms compatible with the IFC standard and in the future will be compatible with other formats.
- Do the platforms allow the visualization of BIM models and the use of the associated information?
The answer is yes, our platforms have an integrated visualization system that allows multiple operations.
- Do the platforms allow the integration of the GIS platform and the BIM models?
Once again the answer is affirmative, both CivilWorks and CWS allow integrating the BIM models with the GIS functionalities of the system, without the need for systems or third-party licenses.
- What advantages can I obtain when working with the CivilWorks and CWS platforms? Nowadays, the integration of the BIM methodology allows us to:
- Integration of BIM models in the geographic information system (GIS).
- Generation of BIM models with geotechnical information and terrain models from CivilGeo.
- Integration of the BIM information in the structure management system.
- Integration of BIM information in inspection systems through CivilRoad.
- Integration of BIM information in inventory management systems through CivilInventory.
We recommend you to stay tuned to the news in our systems through our social networks since our next novelty may be your solution.
IFC 4 model with textures in our BIM viewer